Railway Union RFC are based in Sandymount, Dublin 4. They run a high performance women’s 15s & 7s programme, with a focus on high-level coaching, athletic development, medical support and analysis.
Railway have a fully-floodlit pitch, gym, training areas, dressing rooms, showering facilities, fully licenced bar, kitchen and catering, function and meetings rooms, and outdoor entertainment and bbq areas onsite. The club is part of the overall Railway Union Sports Club, which offers tennis, hockey, cricket, bowls and soccer.
From September to April, Railway field two adult 15s teams in the All Ireland League and Leinster League Division 1.
From May to August, Railway field both adult & U20s 7s teams and play a number of tournaments in Ireland and overseas.
- Monday PM (Skills & Conditioning)
- Tuesday AM (Gym)
- Tuesday PM (Pitch)
- Wednesday (Individual Skills)
- Thursday AM (Gym)
- Thursday PM (Pitch)
- Saturday / Sunday (Matches)
- Dependent on tournament schedule
Coaching & Management Team
- John Cronin, Director of Rugby & Head Coach
- Andy Adams, Assistant Coach
- Blaise Kenny, Assistant Coach
- Jude Cleary, Assistant Coach
- Jonathan Butler, Technical Skills Development Coach
- Jamie Martin Grace, S&C Coach
- Patrick Noonan, Manager
- Carol Bagnall, Manager
- Professor John Ryan, Head of Player Welfare
- Dr Clíona Nic Gabhann, Match Day Doctor
- Eoghan O’Sullivan, Physiotherapist
- Darren Hickey, Physiotherapist
- Lenor Callan, First Aid & Immediate Care Responder
- Shirley Corcoran, Video Analyst.
Railway have won All Ireland titles at both 15s and 7s and have produced numerous 15s, 7s and age-grade internationals.
Railway also run a schools programme and age-grade rugby in their community.
The club also fields three adult men’s sides, who play participation rugby at Leinster League, Metro and Vets levels.
The club runs an exchange programme with clubs in the USA, Canada and Australia.
In 2020 Railway Union announced that they will be charging admission for their women’s games this season and they are offering an AIL Supporters Club Membership. Details of the membership are available on their social media outlets.