2017-18 International Rugby Women Rugby World Cup Women RWC2017

WRWC2017: World Cup Predictions Match Day 1

With a week to go until the kick off of the Women’s Rugby World Cup there is still time to get your World Cup Predictions in for Match Day 1.

You can read the rules and regulations and make your entry here.  

The good news is that, as we already have quite a few overseas entrants we have added the option of a training top from Huge Rugby as a prize for the runner up alongside the other option of a meal for two from The Errigle Inn, Belfast’s Number One Home of Rugby.

We’ve had a lot of interest so far and if you are not too familiar with the women’s game you can read our Pool Preview’s:  Pool A here and Pool B here, Pool C will be out this weekend.  Or you can have a look at the voting  for the World Cup Predictions so far,  below;

Match 1: England v Spain

England Women v Spain Women,  World Cup Predictions

England clear favourites so far with 97% voting for a win with a bonus point against Spain. The other 3% are voting for an England win with no one giving the Spanish a chance, so far!

Match 2: New Zealand v Wales

World Cup Predictions, New Zealand v Wales It’s not looking good for Wales with 84% of our competitors going for a New Zealand win with a bonus point and the other 16% going for a New Zealand win with no bonus point.

Match 3: USA v Italy

World Cup Predictions, USA v Italy

This match looks to be the most competitive of the opening round but there are still almost 72% voting for a USA win of some description. There are a few looking to pick up extra points with a draw in this one and with the USA usually slow out of the blocks it could be worth a gamble!

Match 4: Canada v Hong Kong

World Cup Predictions, Canada v Hong Kong

Canada are obviously clear favourites for this one but there is a valiant percentage of fiercely loyal Hong Kong fans who are voting for one of the greatest upsets in the history of the World Cup. Fair play to those loyal few , we at the Front Row Union salute you 😀

Match 5: Ireland v Australia

World Cup Predictions, Ireland v Australia

The first indication that host’s Ireland may not have everything their own way in this competition with a solid 25% voting for an Australian win. Maybe not the surprise it would have been a month ago? Are the Aussies worth a punt?

Match 6: France v Japan

World Cup Predictions, France v Japan

I reckon Japan will be more competitive than most people think and France women can be a bit like their men with a touch of complacency creeping in but any result for Japan against this top four side would be a major surprise. However, Japan have a history of surprises in World Cups!

Do you agree with the predictions so far or can you do better? You have until kick off of the first match to get your Day 1 Predictions in with the chance to win one of our fantastic prizes.

You can read the rules and regulations and make your entry here.  

Good luck.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.