The poll is now closed for voting in The Front Row Union
Ireland Women Team of the Decade
We’ve split it in to forwards and backs. The forwards poll is now completed.
The backs poll will run from Wednesday 3rd February until midnight on Tuesday 9th February 2021.
The team of the decade will be announced on Wednesday 10th February 2021.
To help you decide we’ve produced the following webstory which highlights the key points of the nominees careers. (You can see how the Final 3 were chosen in each position at the bottom of the page.) Just click or tap the story below to the left or to the right to move through the nominations.
When you have reviewed the nominations please select one player from each position below. Note you will need to click “submit” at each position for your vote to register.
Please note that second placed players in each position will be going into our selection panel to decide our Replacements Bench for the Team of the Decade. The replacements will be selected by position and number of votes received.
We don’t want FRU Headquarters stormed by angry voters and insurrectionists in two weeks time so please vote responsibly. 🙂
Voting has now closed.
Due to a sudden family bereavement, on Wednesday morning, the announcement for the Team of the Decade will now be postponed until Monday 15th February 2021.
If you want to know how the Final 3 were chosen for each position click below for the dropdown on who we did it.
We listed all the players that featured for Ireland Women in the 71 official matches between the 2010 RWC and the end of the 2020 Women’s Six Nations.
The list of players, by position played, was sent to all the current women’s AIL sides who nominated three players for each position.
The nominations where then reviewed to produce the final three for each position as follows:
- Top three nominations for each position
- In the case the more than one player having the same number of nominations for the third place the chosen player was decided by the following criteria in order:
- number of starts in that position
- number of squad appearances
- number of points scored
- In the case of a single player being nominated in the top three in more than one position the player was placed by the following:
- position with most nominations
- position with most starts
- where a player is moved out of the top 3 in a position then the next highest nominated player for that position takes their place